The various special interest groups and committees that are part of the Harford County, Maryland Branch of AAUW include:
- Book Club: Meet monthly on Saturday morning with thoughts and discussion on the latest work of literature hand-selected by book club members themselves. Discussions are always lively and over refreshments.
- WIGS: WIGS are a group of fascinating AAUW women and friends who have fun together doing a variety of interesting daytime sightseeing activities. The activities are suggested and planned by members. Activities last year included authors, Connie Beims and Christine Torbert, and lunch at the Laurrapin Grill; Fort McHenry and lunch at Miguels; and Christmas at the Hampton Mansion and farm with lunch at Manor Tavern.
- Cooking Club: Explore your creativity in the kitchen with these women! Each month’s meeting is themed and members share favorite recipes or try out something new for fun.
- Food Fight Committee: Help plan the Educational Fund’s annual fundraiser, a cooking competition among chefs from local restaurants a la Chopped or Iron Chef from the food network. It is an exciting local event with a worthy cause.
- Judith Resnik Awards Luncheon Committee: Help plan our annual celebration of the top female junior in math and science from each high school in the county. This luncheon is held in April and it offers the young women scholarships for college and inspiration through guest speakers.
Watch for each of these groups in the post categories to follow the meetings and events of your favorites.